Lead-Based Paint Visual Assessment Training
HUD Lead-Based Paint Visual Assessment
Certificate Training Course
Take this no-cost online self-paced course. At the end of the training, there is a short test. Upon successful completion of training, you will have the opportunity to print a certificate of completion.
Here is a list of the topics covered in this course:
- The Purpose of This Training
- Background of Lead-Based Paint
- Identify Deteriorated Paint
- Identify Types of Deterioration
- Describe Causes of Deterioration
- Summary of Deterioration
- Repair Deteriorated Paint
PURPOSE OF TRAINING
Training is required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD) new lead-based paint regulation (24 CFR Part 35, et al.). This training is intended for those already inspecting housing units.
You may be a:
- Housing quality standards inspector
- Maintenance supervisor
- Building engineer
- Person with housing inspection duties
- Lead-based paint risk assessor
- Lead-based paint inspector
- Sampling technician
- Other building maintenance staff
This training will build on your existing building inspection and assessment skills to perform visual assessments.